11.10.2009

13 more!

Still my favorite ride at Kings Island!

My pumpkin looked fabulous.


This was from my clinic visit at the beginning of October. As you can tell, I really like my letter!

The wig's cute, but it didn't last long at all...




Cheese!




I didn't want to sit still for pics on Halloween, but Mommy managed to snap this one.





And this one... But why would I want to cover up my beautiful hair with a wig?






We got to go back to Shaw Pumpkin Farm this year. I sure missed it last fall.



Me and my llama.


I had my clinic visit at the Liberty Campus yesterday, and though it really stinks to have my port accessed, Nurse Pam was awesome! She suggested that they wait to put the needle in until they had the chemo ready; that way, they wouldn't have to tape the needle down and remove all of the tape when they were finished. It worked out pretty well. I screamed for the five minutes that Mommy and the nurse held me down and injected my chemo, and I hit Mommy twice after they removed the needle, but I recovered within two minutes. Everyone told me how brave I was, and I agreed. I then repeated that I was brave and turned to Mommy and asked, "What's brave mean?"

By the way, I'm doing great right now! I'm feeling good, I've been full of energy, and (knock on wood, but...) I haven't been sick. Lily had the H1N1, but I somehow avoided it. I've also gained a little weight, gotten a bit taller, my hair has grown a TON (it's actually pretty crazy hair now), and I'm getting stronger each day. I love going to physical therapy every other week with Miss Tracie, and Mommy and Daddy are seeing improvements in the strength on my left side.

I'm including some of my latest pics. It was great to be out of the hospital for Halloween this year, and I loved trick-or-treating. It's hard to believe that it has been just over a year since I was diagnosed. In some ways, I feel like it was just yesterday, and in other ways, it seems like this has been all I've known for so long. Here's hoping that the next thirteen months fly by...
Oh, and if you haven't checked out my videos from the last post, do it! You'll really enjoy them, but you won't be able to get "Dancing Queen" out of your mind.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I have to laugh--I have pics of Finn laughing his head off on that same Swiper ride from when we lived in Ohio! Glad to hear it's going well!