4.15.2009

Need some prayers tonight!

As if you haven't been praying enough for me...

I need lots of prayers tonight! I'm not allowed to go home from the hospital (yes, I'm still there!) until my ANC (Absolute Neutrophil Count) is on an upward trend. In case you've forgotten, neutrophils fight infection, and a healthy person has an ANC greater than 1500. Mine was 350 on Saturday, 220 on Sunday, 120 on Monday, and 110 on Tuesday. Not exactly an "upward trend." This morning, I went up to a whopping 120! Daddy told the doctors at rounds that we were packed and ready to go, since my counts were up. They got a good chuckle out of that. Most kids need to have an ANC of 500 to leave, but they told Daddy I could go home if I got up to 200.

I REALLY want to go home, so if you can please find time tonight to pray for an ANC of 200 for me for tomorrow, that would be great. Thank you, and I'll keep you posted!

No comments: