3.09.2009

And we're back in...

So I guess it was a virus last week, masked by the steroids. Though I was able to go home for a couple of days, I spiked a fever of 103 yesterday afternoon. Long story short, I ended up in the ER at 7:45 last night, and we finally were admitted to A5S around 12:45 this morning.

We're back in the first room we had on the hem/onc floor (552), and my fever was down today. I'm on two antibiotics (Vancomycin and Zosyn) for a course of 7-14 days (in the hospital). The doctors say that I need to be fever-free for 48 hours, be eating and drinking on my own, and have counts that are going up in order to go home. This morning, my ANC was 20, so it's pretty likely that it will go up.

Please pray that I start to feel better soon, my counts continue to rise, and my fever stays away. Also, say some special prayers for my friends and neighbors (including Leah and Liz) at Children's, as well as the doctors, nurses, and other staff members who care for me so well. We are so very lucky!

I'm tired, so I'll write more later. Love to you all...

3 comments:

Natalie said...

UGH. DI is such a hard phase--I'll never forget it. Hang in there. Sending prayers.

Hillary said...

Hi Trisha and Becca,

I have been reading the updates on the site and have been thinking of you. I am very sorry that you are dealing with so many challenges right now. I am sure that it seems like there is no end to this nightmare. My thoughts, prayers, and hugs are with you each day!

~Hillary

Katie Wittekind said...

Hello my name is Katie Wittekind and I live next door to Jen B. I will be running in honor of your daughter in the flying pig marathon. Today is the first day of reading your blog - and tears are falling. Your daughter has been faced with so many challenges and yet every picture of her there's a smile on her face. She's a strong little girl...
Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.